Chinon and its surroundings
The Châteaux de la Loire : the Loire region is known for its sumptuous castles, many of which are listed as being the most beautiful in France. Each château is unique, with its own story and architectural style: classic French gems you have to see at least once in a lifetime! Take your pick: Blois, Chambord, Chaumont-sur-Loire, Cheverny, Meslay, Talcy, Villesavin, Beauregard, Troussay, Fougères-sur-Bièvre, Chémery, Ussé, Azay-le-Rideau, and Rivau, to name but a few.
The Wine Route: this legendary itinerary winds its way through a constellation of towns and villages, set against a stunning backdrop of gorgeous landscapes in an ode to wine! Embark on an adventure to explore magical places like the Château la Varière, the Domaine des Hardières, the Maison Ackerman, the Caves Monmousseau, the Domaine de la Perruche, and the Château de Sancerre.
Saumur: known as the crown jewel of Anjou, Saumur is a medieval town nestled amidst the region’s vineyards. Its iconic castle, historical old town and fortifications offer sweeping views across Saumur.
Tours: Once the capital of the Kingdom of France in the 15th and 16th centuries, Tours is a listed City of Art and History that serves as the starting point for the Châteaux Route, and is home to gorgeous houses and monuments that line the Loire River.
Lots of hikes and rambles, cycling and mountain biking, tree-top trails, boat rides, horse-riding, canoeing, kayaking, and more.
- Tours boiled sweets
- Croquet de Châros
- Palets solognots,
- Cotignac d’Orléans,
- Tours rillettes
- Le Berryl lentils
- Rivarennes roasted pears
Get to know the Saumur region!
Take advantage of your stay in the Loire Valley to discover the region!
Discover exceptional and unusual places with our partner Troglonature in Saumur! Book your tickets at the same time as your stay on our website at the next step of your booking on our website or by phone (for stays booked at least 3 days in advance).
- Book your tickets to the Mushroom Museum, which houses the largest collection of wild mushrooms in Europe.
- Go to the Pierre et Lumière underground to discover 20 impressive sculptures representing the monuments and heritage of the Loire Valley
- Enjoy the 2 hectares of the Puygirault Gardens, perfect for learning about the Saumur region in an authentic, educational and fun way!
Taste also the local products of the Saumur region through two visits with tastings!
- In the Loire Valley, in the heart of the Saumur region, Bouvet Ladubay offers you the possibility to discover its cellars dug in the Tuffeau stone, its Engloutie cathedral, the steps of the traditional method and makes you taste the bruts of the Loire, for the greatest pleasure of your taste buds. The visit and the tasting are offered to Ateya customers, take advantage of it ! To be booked at the next stage of your reservation on our website or by phone (for stays booked at least 4 days in advance).
- Take advantage of being in Saumur to visit the Combier Distillery. Founded in 1834, it is one of the oldest in the Loire Valley. You will also enjoy a tasting of the products of the house! To be booked at the next step of your reservation on our website or by phone (for stays booked at least 3 days in advance)
Do not hesitate any longer and book your activity on the reservation page!
Chinon, Val de Loire