Culture and activities in Richelieu
Chinon : Located between Tours and Saumur, discover Chinon in Indre-et-Loire. Classified as a UNESCO world heritage site, the city has a privileged location in the heart of the Loire Valley. An old city, it has preserved its medieval character through its old town and its magnificent castle.
The Loire-Anjou-Touraine Regional Natural Park : Why not go for a walk in this park which is a real mix of splendid landscapes. Forests, hedgerows, vineyards, hillsides, valleys or plains follow one another and create an exceptional natural heritage, which is also the habitat of many animals!
Candes-Saint-Martin : Take advantage of being close to one of the most beautiful villages in France ! With its houses along the water, it is a pleasant stop to visit in Indre-et-Loire
The castles of the surroundings : Visit the numerous castles of the surroundings such as the Château du Rivau, Château d'Ussé, Château d'Azay-le-Rideau, Château de Brézé, Château de Langeais, Château de Clairvaux, Château Montreuil-Bellay or the gardens of the Château de Villandry
Getting moving in Richelieu
Tree-top trails, badminton, cycle tourism, horse-riding, hikes, site-seeing tours, zoo, theme park, golf, canoeing/kayaking...
- The Broyé and the melon of Poitou
- The Saint-Maure-de-Touraine
- The wines of Anjou and Saumur
- The Rillons of Touraine
- the Crêmet of Anjou
- The nougat of Tours
Get to know the Saumur region!
Take advantage of your stay in the Loire Valley to discover the region!
Discover exceptional and unusual places with our partner Troglonature in Saumur! Book your tickets at the same time as your stay on our website at the next step of your booking on our website or by phone (for stays booked at least 3 days in advance).
- Book your tickets to the Mushroom Museum, which houses the largest collection of wild mushrooms in Europe.
- Go to the Pierre et Lumière underground to discover 20 impressive sculptures representing the monuments and heritage of the Loire Valley
- Enjoy the 2 hectares of the Puygirault Gardens, perfect for learning about the Saumur region in an authentic, educational and fun way!
Taste also the local products of the Saumur region through two visits with tastings!
- In the Loire Valley, in the heart of the Saumur region, Bouvet Ladubay offers you the possibility to discover its cellars dug in the Tuffeau stone, its Engloutie cathedral, the steps of the traditional method and makes you taste the bruts of the Loire, for the greatest pleasure of your taste buds. The visit and the tasting are offered to Ateya customers, take advantage of it ! To be booked at the next stage of your reservation on our website or by phone (for stays booked at least 4 days in advance).
- Take advantage of being in Saumur to visit the Combier Distillery. Founded in 1834, it is one of the oldest in the Loire Valley. You will also enjoy a tasting of the products of the house! To be booked at the next step of your reservation on our website or by phone (for stays booked at least 3 days in advance)!
Do not hesitate any longer and book your activity on the reservation page!
Val de Loire France