Vars and its surroundings
- Vars: the Vars resort encompasses four villages: Saint Marcellin, Sainte Marie, Sainte Catherine and Les Claux. Welcome to a place brimming with history, ancient traditions, and breath-taking vistas.
- Le Queyras: from authentic little villages like Saint-Véran to the Parc Naturel Régional, Le Queyras is a stunning combination of nature, art and tradition.
- Ubaye: surrounded by mountains that tower as high as 3,000 metres, the valley is home to a number of side roads such as Barcelonnette.
- Serre Ponçon: Europe’s second largest artificial lake offers a huge range of different water sports and activities.
- Val d’Escreins: known as ‘ Little Canada’, this nature reserve is packed full of botanical nature trails and orienteering routes for the perfect family day out.
The Vars skiing area
The Forêt Blanche: Elevation of 1,650 m/2,750 m • 185 km of runs • 116 ski runs (21 green, 45 blue, 40 red, 10 black) • 42 ski lifts.
Winter activities in Vars
Vars, a super sporty resort
A range of different activities await: downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, monoskiing, snowboarding, tobogganing, mountain climbing, snow biking, ice-rink, snowshoe hiking, hang-gliding, dog-sledding and speed-riding. Enjoy the Varspark while you’re here, too: one of Europe’s top snow parks complete with a chill-out area (terraces, barbecues, open stage)
Vars, a one-of-a-kind resort
Try something different this holiday: enjoy an overnight ‘Inuit’ stay in an igloo in incredible conditions deep in the Peynier forest.
Sweet treats & regional delicacies
Fish soup, tapenade and Provencal tart are on the menu here in Vars.
New at Ateya Vacances: Pick-and-mix your way to your dream ski trip
For your skiing holiday this year, you now have the option to book a bunch of add-ons at the same time as your trip:
- Budget-friendly ski passes for the Forêt Blanche skiing area (Vars-Risoul) ski lifts, valid from the day after you check in: save money and time with ski passes ready for you to collect along with the keys to your apartment upon check-in at the residence.
- Your SKISET ski gear with up to 40% off in-store prices! The Orain Sport and Atelier Skiset stores are a three-minute walk away from the residence and offer a quick and easy click & collect service.
- Group ski classes with the ESF Vars school: want to upgrade your ski skills this winter? Look no further. The meet point is just 150 metres away from the residence!
To book your classes, pick your dates and the type of apartment you’d like and head on to the next step.
Feel free to contact us at +33 (0)4 82 98 36 42 with any questions you may have. We’d be happy to help!
Conditions de vente des cours ESF
Conditions d'utilisation des forfaits de ski