Le Grau-du-Roi & its surroundings
La Grande Motte : Classified as a 20th century heritage site, La Grande Motte is located at the entrance of the Camargue. Take advantage of its 7 km of fine sandy beaches and its many water sports activities as well as several thematic routes that are proposed to discover the city on foot or by bike!
The Camargue Regional Natural Park: Discover the Camargue, a territory of vast flat and wild expanses unique in Europe that extends over an area of 85,000 hectares. Admire the wonderful landscape with a succession of rice fields, salt marshes, swamps, ponds, reed marshes, with pink flamingos, horses, etc.
Montpellier : Discover the capital of Languedoc, and its rich heritage, rewarded by the label Ville et Pays d'Art et d'Histoire. At 5 minutes walk from the Place de la Comédie, visit one of the most famous cultural sites of
Getting moving in Grau-du-Roi
Hire boats, stand-up paddle-boarding, sea kayaks, windsurfing, deeps-sea diving, offshore excursions, coastal fishing, mini golf, tennis, hikes and rambles, mountain biking, Camargue horse-riding treks, and more.
- The tielle Sétoise
- The rice of Camargue
- Strawberries and olive oil from Nîmes
- The Agriade of Saint-Gilloise
Book now your excursion to discover the wines of the region !
Novice or wine lover, there is something for everyone!
Every Wednesday afternoon, you will have the opportunity to discover the emblematic wines of the region through the visit of two Languedoc wineries (among them Château Lancyre, Château Laroque, Château Lascaux, Château Puech-Haut), and you will enjoy an initiation to wine tasting workshop with a minimum of 8 wines tasted.
Every Thursday morning, visit the vineyards of Picpoul de Pinet and Grès de Montpellier (tasting of 4 wines). You can also enjoy the beauty and calm of the Thau basin with a tasting of oysters and a glass of white wine.
Every Monday morning: Meet us for our excursion around the Nectars of Languedoc: during a visit of a domain (Domaine du Château de Puech-Haut*) and an oil mill (Domaine de l'Oulivie*) you will taste several wines, olive oils and vinegar.
*Subject to change.
To be booked at the next stage of your reservation on our website or by phone (for stays booked at least 3 days in advance.
Complete your stay by booking your excursion to discover the region !
In order to discover Occitania, our partners propose you numerous excursions to book at the next step of our site:
Would you like to discover the natural treasures of Occitania? We have selected for you the most beautiful 100% natural excursions from Montpellier:
- Half-day excursion to the Canyon des Ruffes with a visit to the Hérault Valley and its reddish canyon - every Thursday at 9am, on reservation.
- Discover the Cirque de Mourez, the Lac de Salagou and St Guilhem and the Pont du Diable for a full day - every Wednesday at 9am, by reservation.
- Take a full day tour of the Cirque de Navacelles, the Moulin de la Foux and a panoramic break at Mont Saint Baudille - every Tuesday at 9am, by arrangement.
- Visit the villages of Pezenas and la Couvertoirade - every Friday at 9am, by reservation.
For the more sporty and thrill-seeking, two activities are also available for pre-sale on our website!
- A half-day initiation to rock climbing, with equipment provided!
- A half-day initiation to canyoning, also with equipment provided!
To be booked at the next stage of your reservation on our website or by phone (for stays booked at least 15 days in advance).
Finally, if you are a wine lover and want to discover the Languedoc region, we offer exciting wine tours with our expert partners:
- Visit and tasting workshops (minimum 8 wines) around the unmissable Pic Saint Loup (2 wineries among Château Lancyre, Château Laroque, Château Lascaux, Château Puech-Haut). Half-day excursion, every Wednesday at 2pm, by reservation.
- Tastings between vineyards and ponds with the discovery of the Picpoul de Pinet vineyards, the Montpellier sandstone and the Bassin de Thau but also the tasting of 6 oysters accompanied by a glass of white wine. Half-day excursion, every Thursday at 10am, by reservation.
- Tasting of Languedoc nectars through a visit to a wine estate (Domaine du Château de Puech-Haut) and an oil mill (Domaine de l'Oulivie). Half-day excursion, every Monday at 9.30 am, by reservation.