Vars and its surroundings
- Vars: the Vars resort encompasses four villages: Saint Marcellin, Sainte Marie, Sainte Catherine and Les Claux. Welcome to a place brimming with history, ancient traditions, and breath-taking vistas.
- Le Queyras: from authentic little villages like Saint-Véran to the Parc Naturel Régional, Le Queyras is a stunning combination of nature, art and tradition.
- Ubaye: surrounded by mountains that tower as high as 3,000 metres, the valley is home to a number of side roads such as Barcelonnette.
- Serre Ponçon: Europe’s second largest artificial lake offers a huge range of different water sports and activities.
- Val d’Escreins: known as ‘ Little Canada’, this nature reserve is packed full of botanical nature trails and orienteering routes for the perfect family day out.
The Vars skiing area
The Forêt Blanche: Elevation of 1,650 m/2,750 m • 185 km of runs • 116 ski runs (21 green, 45 blue, 40 red, 10 black) • 42 ski lifts.
Winter activities in Vars
Vars, a super sporty resort
A range of different activities await: downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, monoskiing, snowboarding, tobogganing, mountain climbing, snow biking, ice-rink, snowshoe hiking, hang-gliding, dog-sledding and speed-riding. Enjoy the Varspark while you’re here, too: one of Europe’s top snow parks complete with a chill-out area (terraces, barbecues, open stage) Vars, a one-of-a-kind resort
Try something different this holiday: enjoy an overnight ‘Inuit’ stay in an igloo in incredible conditions deep in the Peynier forest.
Sweet treats & regional delicacies
Fish soup, tapenade and Provencal tart are on the menu here in Vars.
Conditions de vente des cours ESF
Conditions d'utilisation des forfaits de ski