Things to see in and around Ax-les-Thermes
• The Pic du Saint-Barthelemy for spell-binding views across the plain and the peaks of the Pyrenees.
• The Pays de Sault by bike, a challenging circuit that takes in a host of landscapes and cultural sites along the way.
• The Orlu wildlife park and its wolves.
• The Château de Montségur, a symbol of the Cathar resistance movement, and the village of Montségur and its history and archaeology museum,
• The Couloubret thermal baths (35°C).
• The Grotte de Niaux cave, known for its cave wall paintings, and its world-famous Magdalenian paintings.
• The Trimouns open-air talc quarry overlooking the Vallée de l’Ariège: one of the world’s biggest quarries.
• The Lac de Bouillouses, a gorgeous listed natural site.
Getting moving in Ax-les-Thermes
Downhill skiing and Nordic skiing, snowshoe hiking, tobogganing, dog-sledding, rock climbing, caving, mountain biking, fat-biking on snow.
Elevation of 1,400 m to 2,400 m; 80 km of ski runs, 20 ski lifts; 2 tobogganing runs snow park.
- La Mounjetado
- La Blanquette de Limoux
- Les Flocons d'Ariège
- Les Taillous
- La Rouzole
- Le Bethmale
Conditions générales d'utilisation des forfaits AX SKI