Auris-en-Oisans and its surroundings
- La Meije and its glaciers: the joys of the mountains in the Bassin de l’Oisans. La Meije is a wonderland for mountain climbers thanks to its wide range of itineraries to suit all levels, culminating at 3,983 m (Le Grand Pic de la Meije).
- Alpe d'Huez: this resort lies a 40-minute drive away and covers close to a fifth of France, stretching from the Italian border to the Massif Central.
- Les Grandes Buffes: at elevation of 2,164 m, the only way to get to this peak is by snowshoe hiking.
- Lac du Chambon: this Pavillon Bleu-labelled lake is perfect for cooling down with a dip or trying water sports.
- Les 2 Alpes: an international ski resort that’s home to Europe’s biggest glacier skiing area.
Alpe d’Huez skiing area: Elevation of 1,860 m – 3,330 m • 250 km of ski runs • 70 ski lifts • 111 ski runs • 2 snow parks.
Auris skiing area: Elevation of 1,600 m – 3,300 m • 40 km of ski runs • 11 ski lifts • 24 runs • 4 snow parks.
Skiing, cross-country skiing, snowshoe hiking and rambles, snow-tubing, ice waterfall, dog-sledding, yooner (a sled with an elevated ski), tobogganing, hang-gliding
Brand-new and exclusive: Book your ski gear for your next holiday in the mountains
Get the most out of your mountain stay by treating yourself to special discounted rates on your skiing or snowboarding gear in partnership with SKISET. There’s something for everyone, whether you’re a complete beginner or seasoned athlete. Find your perfect ski fit and get ready to slide and glide.